1) A doctoral degree in professional psychology;
2) A one-year APA/CPA accredited internship, or equivalent year of supervised experience;
3) Postdoctoral fellowship:
- For those trained after 2005, completion of a formal, 2-year postdoctoral training program that conforms to Houston Conference guidelines is required; OR
- For those trained prior to 2005, two or more years of appropriate supervised* training in application of clinical neuropsychological services with participation in specialty-specific didactics. A minimum of one year of training must be postdoctoral.
*On-site supervision with a neuropsychologist is required. Self-guided supervision does not meet criteria.
Note: Attainment of board certification in clinical neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)/American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN) or American Board of Professional Neuropsychology (ABN) is acceptable proof for having successfully documented items 1 through 3 of this list;
4) A New York State license to independently practice psychology, or employment as a doctoral-level neuropsychologist in an exempt agency;
5) Completing the attestation of being in good standing within neuropsychology and/or psychology organizations; and
6) Attesting to maintaining active professional interests in clinical neuropsychology, by checking the applicable attestation box.
- “Regular Membership” requires remittance of the annual fee of $150.
Early Career Membership
1) Current enrollment in a psychology doctoral program that is APA accredited;
2) Completing the attestation of being in good standing within the academic program of enrollment and current clinical training site (if applicable); and
3) Attesting to maintaining active professional interests in clinical neuropsychology through formal coursework, clinical experience, and/or professional activities by checking the applicable attestation box.
Regular & Early Career Membership Applicants:
a. Training verification from a former supervisor;
ORb. Board Certification in Clinical Neuropsychology.
4) Pay the annual fee.
Affiliate Membership Applicants:
1) Complete the questions on the online application to document training requirements and attestation to exclusively practicing psychology outside of New York State;
2) Agree to the terms of the Professional Declaration agreement.
3) Pay the annual fee.
Student Membership Applicants:
1) Complete the questions on the online application, including the attestation to being currently enrolled in a psychology doctoral program and to being in good standing within the program, in addition to the current clinical training site (if applicable);
2) Include the following supplemental material with the application:
a. A current copy of student identification, and
b. A signed statement verifying student status from a professor or current supervisor, submitted via the Student Verification Form.
Questions and/or concerns about membership should be directed to:
Jami Halpern, PsyD
Phone: (516) 578-7119 Email: Jami.L.Halpern@gmail.com