1) A doctoral degree in psychology;
2) A one-year psychology “internship” or an equivalent one year training experience in a clinically relevant area of psychology;
3) A two-year postdoctoral fellowship in clinical neuropsychology consistent with Houston Conference Guidelines or, for those trained prior to August 2000, a supervised postdoctoral training experience in clinical neuropsychology on at least a half-time basis;
Note: Attainment of board certification in clinical neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) and American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN) is acceptable proof for having successfully documented items 1 through 3 of this list;
4) A New York State license to independently practice psychology, or employment as a doctoral-level neuropsychologist in an exempt agency;
5) Completing the attestation of being in good standing within neuropsychology and/or psychology organizations; and
6) Attesting to maintaining active professional interests in clinical neuropsychology, by checking the applicable attestation box.
Early Career Membership
1) Current enrollment in a psychology doctoral program that is either APA accredited or determined by NYSAN to meet equivalent standards for curriculum and for physical attendance;
2) Completing the attestation of being in good standing within the academic program of enrollment and current clinical training site (if applicable); and
3) Attesting to maintaining active professional interests in clinical neuropsychology through formal coursework, clinical experience, and/or professional activities by checking the applicable attestation box.
Regular & Early Career Membership Applicants:
1) Complete the questions on the online application to document training requirements and licensure status;2) Agree to the terms of the Professional Declaration agreement;3) Complete and return the New Member Application form to document either:a. Training verification from a former supervisor;b. Sponsorship from two current NYSAN members – Each sponsor must email NYSAN stating that he/she agrees to sponsor the applicant’s membership,ORc. Board Certification in Clinical Neuropsychology.4) Pay the annual fee.
Affiliate Membership Applicants:
1) Complete the questions on the online application to document training requirements and attestation to exclusively practicing psychology outside of New York State;
2) Agree to the terms of the Professional Declaration agreement.
3) Pay the annual fee.
Student Membership Applicants:
1) Complete the questions on the online application, including the attestation to being currently enrolled in a psychology doctoral program and to being in good standing within the program, in addition to the current clinical training site (if applicable);
2) Include the following supplemental material with the application:
a. A current copy of student identification, and
b. A signed statement verifying student status from a professor or current supervisor, submitted via the Student Verification Form.
Questions and/or concerns about membership should be directed to:
Amanda Hahn-Ketter, PsyD
Union Square Practice
138 W 25th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Phone: (646) 237-4174 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org